Saturday, January 15, 2011

Gould's Book Arcade

Hey everyone

Gould's book arcade is probably one of my favourite bookstores ever. Why? You might ask, well I'll try and describe it and then you can take a guess at why I enjoy the shop so much. Just imagine an bookstore that is double story with every bit of space in the shop covered in shelves (of course leaving room for a path) of second hand books. The kids aisle has so many books, that in the middle on the aisle, the is a big pile of books left on the floor, so you can swim in a sea of books (well I would like to believe that the pile of books on the floor is there to swim in, or else I've probably looked like an idiot with my friend lieing on the floor, pulling out books here and there).

Because the bookstore is very close to the Sydney University campus, the bookstore also offers a wide range of books appropriate for University students. Gould's Book Arcade has generally, every book in the world that is second hand, so you have lots of chose (not really, but it feels like it).


Gould's Book Arcade

The best thing though, is the pricing. I would usually purchase a short paperback novel from the kids section, costing me only about $5.00 to $8.00! So the rest of the store I would assume its resaonbly well priced (I wouldn't actually know the prices of the other adult books, beacuse I spend my time hiding in the aisles from my friend, not actually checking prices of the adults books, it is a suprisingly good place to try and hide from someone and have them try find you)

The address for Gould's Book Arcade is 32 King St, Newtown, 2042, Sydney, Australia and the wesite adress is http://www.gouldsbooks.com.au/. I recomned Gould's Book Arcade to anybody.

Edda Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment